Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bees Know Best


Hello Hello. Welcome to my new blog - and to beautiful Woodbridge Farm. It's already been five weeks since my adventure began on February 18, 2010. As expected in mid-February, my first day at the farm was gloomy & cold. But, before I could dwell on what seemed to be a never-ending Winter, I learned that the insect world was already preparing for Spring. In fact, as I moved 100 bales of hay on my first day, the queen bees busily laid thousands of eggs in their hives. The bees knew Spring was right around the corner, and sure enough, in the weeks to come, the days grew longer and longer - perennials & seedlings sprouted - calves were born - and snow turned into LOTS of rain.

Every Thursday & Friday, I come home utterly exhausted, but in the best of ways. I so appreciate the opportunity to know what it takes to grow (and raise) food that promotes personal health - and the health of our local land and economy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to follow this journey of yours... it will be interesting for me to see how adventures in our garden will mimic and differ from your adventures at the farm. So glad you are writing this!!!

    ReplyDelete