Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Children's Garden


By some stroke of luck, I'm finding myself writing the curriculum for a 20-week farm-based preschool program, complete with a children's garden! It will be 1.5 hours per week during Woodbridge Farm's CSA pickup on Fridays, and I can hardly contain my excitement!!

This is the "before" picture of the children's garden. Can you imagine how gorgeous it will be once the brambles & overgrown weeds are removed, the sprouting day lilies & hydrangeas are transplanted along the fence, and the child-friendly garden beds are dug? Or how lovely Circle Time will be underneath the shade of this beautiful tree?? Lucky kids & lucky me!!

This weekend, I'll be planning the garden design and choosing storybooks, songs & activities. What a joy! I can't wait to post the "after" shot once the space is designed and prepared for the kiddos' arrival at the end of May.

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you! What a terrific raw space to start with... magic will ensue! Can't wait to see and hear all about the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I second what Diana said! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very exciting!! I can't wait to see the "after" pictures!! :) :) I know you will do a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect job for you -- so exciting!! How's it coming along??

    ReplyDelete